A Rare Glimpse

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Salsa Dancing!

Yesterday, I went out with a bunch of Navs ppl for dinner and salsa dancing! Ain't that interesting for a change! We had quite the dinner too; it was at an Ethiopian restaurant downtown. The food was pretty good, and it was all presented on a huge platter! Almost everyone shared dishes called King and Queen platters, huge platters that had veggies, meat, and sauces all on one plate. We had to eat the food off the plates using soft, moist, sticky pieces of a not-quite-tortilla-like flat dough and our hands. No utensils at all! What an experience, as I've never eaten off a plate with my hands before.

After the delicious meal, we headed to Lula Lounge, where there was a salsa lesson for the evening, along with a live band. It was fun, learning how to salsa, and then watching ppl on the dance floor! Some people were very good, as dancing came naturally to them. As for me, I think salsa music is too fast and confusing for me...I had a hard time keeping up. He he. Oh well, at least I enjoyed myself!